For use of our Site and other services, you confirm and declare that you shall not list or post or provide information in relation to any good, service, item, information or content that is illegal under the laws of the Republic of India and/or are not permitted as per the prohibited items policy listed below.
Note that this list does not constitute an exhaustive list but is provided as guidance on the types of products and services banned on the Buynuse Platform:
• Illegal items, illegal services and/or items which encourage or facilitate illegal activity
• Weapons and related items such as firearms, firearm parts and magazines, ammunition, tear gas, stun guns, switchblade knives or any other item which is prohibited under the Indian Arms Act, 1959.
• "Antiquities" and "Art Treasures" in violation of the provisions of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972 ("the Act")
• Regulated products which do not meet the consumer product safety standards required by applicable regulatory bodies, including hazardous materials such as fireworks and explosives, including any material that enables the making of fireworks, explosive triggers and explosive devices; recall items; body parts/fluids; unsanitized bedding/clothing and any other goods not appropriate for resale for safety, health, or other reasons (eg. adulterated food or beverages).
• Obscene or offensive material including but not limited to any and all pornography, offers or solicitation of prostitution, escort services or sexual services of any kind.
• Alcohol, Liquor or tobacco products, vaporizing devices, hookahs, electronic cigarettes & components (both nicotine and non-nicotine containing brands), and intoxicants of any description
• Hazardous chemicals and pesticides and/ or items in violation of Hazardous Chemicals Act, 1985.
• Prescription drugs, psychotropic substances, narcotics, medical devices, controlled substances and related items inclusive of illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
• Stolen property and property with serial number removed/altered, burglary tools, etc
• Any products, goods, services or contracts that the seller does not have the legal right to sell
• Stocks and other securities within the meaning of the Securities Contract Regulation Act, 1956, including shares, bonds, debentures, etc. and/or any other financial instruments/assets of any description
• Personal, confidential or proprietary information inclusive but not limited to ID cards, licenses, police insignia, government documents, birth certificates, and counterfeits of the same. Military or Police Badges, Uniforms, coats-of-arms and or any Government emblems, insignia, and/ or items in violation of Emblems and names (Prevention of improper use) Act, 1950 and/ or Flag Codes of India Act, 2002
• Police, Army, Navy and Air force Related Items
• Unlocked hardware: Games consoles, copied games, DVDs and computer software; no R4 cards please, with or without the console
• Identity Documents, Personal Financial Records & Personal Information (in any form, including mailing lists). Personal information or bulk emails, Internet Protocol (IP), instant messenger (IM), or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers or other personal info
• Tools or software designed to send spam
• Counterfeits, replica, or pirated items; deceptive or fraudulent content
• Tickets, coupons or gift cards that are restricted transfer
• Lottery or raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries, slot machines and gambling items
• Affiliate marketing; network, or multi-level marketing; pyramid schemes
• Spam, abusive, duplicate, listing, fraud schemes (e.g. "Get rich quick" "work at homes" scams which are solely listed for the purpose of duping users)
• Items or listings that promote, support or glorify hatred toward people or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation, or content that promotes organizations or people with such views
• Religious items, including books, artifacts, etc. or any information, description of any such item that is likely to affect the religious sentiments of any person or group
• International Listings
• Unlocking software, i.e. software to help unlock any electronic item, like a phone.
• Virtual items and products: E-tickets, domain names, online accounts, E-books, virtual merchandise, any other digital products
• Information or items that are defamatory, libelous, threatening or abusive in nature
• Living, dead creatures and/or the whole or any part of any animal which has been kept or preserved by any means whether artificial or natural including rugs, skins, specimens of animals, antlers, horns, hair, feathers, nails, teeth, musk, eggs, nests, other animal products of any description the sale and purchase of which is prevented or restricted in any manner by applicable laws (including those prohibited under The Wildlife Protection Act, 1972 and/ or The Environment Protection Act, 1986)
• Adoption of Children & Babies
• Animals and birds for fighting or racing
• Embargoed Goods
• Endangered Species
• Meat & Eggs of the animals/birds
• Any kind of government service
• People looking for relationship, dating and / or friendship
• High school diplomas, university certificates, etc.
• Hospital equipment and general aesthetic
• Ivory products
• Photos of artists/singers/entertainers are not allowed unless with permit
• Products without the approval and registration of government agencies such as CNG, Pepper Spray, LPG, Cylinders
The listing for sales of the following items is permitted:
• Cats and Dogs unless exotic. We do not allow animals & birds which fall under the restricted category as per the Indian Wildlife (Protection) Act 1972 and World Wildlife Federation
• Aquarium or pond fish, snails or similar creatures.
• Live insects, crickets and worms used as bait or feeder food for pets
Users are requested not to post any ad more than once with the same content or Title in the same city and category, as that would be considered as a duplicate. Multiple ads can be posted only if you have different items or services for sale. All duplicate ads would be deleted and posters penalized if the problem persists.
1) write misleading titles,
2) upload inappropriate/wrong picture with the Ad,
3) list items in inappropriate categories;
4) misrepresent the item location;
or 5) quote Unrealistic Price
Consequences of Breach of Listing Policy
Users who violate the prohibited items policy and or the restricted items policy may be subject to the following actions
1. Permanent blacklisting from Buynuse community.
2. Reporting to Law Enforcement or Appropriate Authorities.